Monday, July 21, 2008

Ready Position.


His daddy was a baseball player. His grandpa was a baseball player. Only made sense that Ben would be the third generation to lace up his cleats.
TBall is a little-known life lesson: Be ready.
These preschoolers spent inning after inning in ready position. But you know what? Ready as they had been positioned, I didn't eyeball one time in a season of Saturday & Sunday morning games that they were ready. Ready for what was coming right at 'em [usually a ground ball rolling in the powdery-fine dirt of the diamond]. And it didn't get them down. They chased down what they were after - and got right back into ready position.
Long story short: you can spend your whole life in ready position, but you can't be assured that you'll be ready for what it throws [or rolls off a tee] your way.
I thought I was ready for T-ball season. But I never expected that lesson to be thrown at me.

No comments: