Friday, June 20, 2008

Retro Bloat

Sure. I planned to post something witty and cute about Margie's sassy "spoil your dinner!" cupcake & crossbones birthday party.

But that was before I woke up bloated. And bitter.

Why must a woman nearing [only nearing] her mid-30s be flogged by aunt flo so? I can't believe that the bloat of 1985 is still afloat in my midst. My middle ain't takin' kindly to things that button or zip. I'm finding myself weeping in the closet to Tom and Margie about water retention - and lack of exercize and healthy eating - that has led me to this point. Woe is me. Whoa is my waist.

WTF?

So, for the first time in over 20 years [have I not suffered this whole menstruation charade long enough?] I bit the bullet [no, not the ob kind - although I'm proud to say I bleed green - no applicator is good for the environment] and bought a bottle of Pamprin. It's still available at local pharmacies. Still a horsepill. And, lucky for me, still attempting to keep the bloat at bay.

This ain't the cheeriest post - but it's the hormone-iest.

'night.

1 comment:

Linsey said...

This made me laugh. I understand your agony, and hope you are back in tip-top, water-weight gone shape before long. The last time I was a-hurtin under the grasp of aunt flo, I turned to over the counter PMS meds. I had already had approx 3 cups of cofee, then I took a Midol extra-strength, forgetting about the massive amounts of caffeine they hide in there...and without checking the exp. date on the box...they had expired a year beforehand. Needless to say, I felt less than "totally-tubular" the rest of the day. I was shaking so bad I thought the combination had give me Parkinson's.